Monday, January 15, 2024

Vacuum Cleaner

Ahhh, the Vacuum Cleaner.  Perhaps something strange to be grateful for, but I surely am.  I love to see the carpet after the vacuum has been run over it to pick up all the dirt, fuzz, gunk, hair etc that is there.  I don't know how long they have been in existence, but I am grateful to the inventor. 


My vacuum is about 5 years old now and it still does a great job.  It has no filters and has bags to suck the dirt into.  It does a beautiful job and I remember when I got it, there were so many choices.  I don't need anything too technical, I just want to gather up the dirt when I push the button on, and it does.

Adding a dog into the house presents some problems with the HAIR.  I am allergic so it is very important it doesn't build up. I had wood floors in Las Vegas and I loved them.  Just run the vacuum over the top of the wood floor and bye bye hair.  Sometimes some extra sweeping became necessary.  But every time the dirty dander and hair got picked up I felt relief in my head.

Now in Cedar city we have carpet upstairs (wood floors don't seem to be so popular here) and wood on the lower level.  Carpet and pets simply don't go together (in my opinion).  It gets pretty dirty and stinky.  I don't vacuum as often as I would like so it is something I need to improve on.  Recently I got a credit from amazon and I bought a new vacuum with it.  It is a floor vacuum similar to this one.


I would like to say how wonderful it is, but I haven't used it once.  I get severe anxiety just to try it.  That is another reason I am grateful for vacuum's--to help me conquer the fear of new ones, technical one that I might not be able to use--I mean, it is scary!  But I am going to use it before the 31st of January that is a deadline I have set for myself.  Right now all it does is stare at me.  Sometimes it talks and just blurts out, "Ready for use, " or, "all charged", or, "please read rule #...."  I feel it is judging me.  Ha Ha.  I will use it and hope it does a great job at getting the dog hair off of the floor so I can breathe a little freer.  There will be an update to this gratitude journal.

Humor aside, I am truly grateful for the vacuum and whomever invented it.  Something we may not think about all the time, but next time you turn it on, think about how it would be without it.

No comments:

Post a Comment