Monday, January 01, 2024

2024 is Here!

 2024 IS HERE

I get very excited for a new year.  2024 is no different for me.  I always feel a little refreshed and ready to make much needed changes in my life and it is almost as though I stop doing anything a few weeks before so that I can build up my excitement (that isn't true--at least I don't think it is).  This year I have been thinking about what changes I can make that will bring more positivity into my life as since I left Las Vegas, I don't feel that I have been very positive.  Everything I think of just comes down to one word, well actually two words- GRATITUDE and SERVICE.  I plan to do much more in these areas.


As is evident, I have gained some weight.  I have not done a good job tracking it and yet, when I pulled out my measurements and weight from last year, I am within 2 pounds but also 2 sizes larger which is not acceptable so I definitely need to be more proactive there.


I have a beautiful Temple just minutes away from my house and yet I have not yet been to it.  I love the Temple, Since Covid it has been difficult for me because I developed an unnerving cough and it has made it difficult to attend, then it just seems so difficult to find the time.  Satan is very aware of my weak spots and this is one that he is not going to win any longer.  2024 ward temple night is on Thursday so that will be come my Temple Day as well.  There will be no excuse, it will go on my calendar and will not be moved.  I look forward to the calm and peaceful feelings that I have when I attend and show my gratitude to my Heavenly Father for all that he gives me in my life.  So many tender mercies.

920 South 25 East Cedar City, UT

The decision to sell a house is a difficult one.  But for me, I felt so strongly that I wanted to be closer to my beautiful grandchildren (and their parents) that I listed it and 12 days later I sold it.  The hunt for a house in Cedar was more trying and didn't end up exactly as I had planned, but one thing I have learned for sure is that Heavenly Father sometimes has different plans for us than we have for ourselves.  It is a beautiful home, brand new, 3 bdrm and 2 1/2 baths.  I have the most amazing views out my bedroom window and it is so close to everything in town it is perfect for Ambur.  But I have not shown enough gratitude for it.  There are things I don't like about it--not mentioned here--and those are the things I have been talking about since the purchase.  I am going to change that attitude.


I am so excited for the Come, Follow Me-2024.  The manual is awesome and like many of the good things in life I haven't done that well with my studies over the past three months.  But the new manual has given me a new boost of excitement for reading and reviewing and inviting Christ into my home much more than I have been.  I am very excited for it and plan to do a much better job with my reading, studies and development of a stronger testimony of that which I know to be true.



Health is important to me, but it is a little hard to tell right now as I have gotten lazy with the move and not having a job.  I am more determined than ever to get myself back into good enough shape to participate in 1/2 marathons again.  I love when my grandkids join me and I love doing them on my own.  I have been doing Virtual races and that is so much fun and it does keep me getting steps, but that is not enough and I know it so I will be working much harder to be ready and to get my health back into check.


I am so blessed in life.  My hopes for 2024 is to show my appreciation more.  To enjoy life and to become involved in more service than I have been.  I am blessed to see my grandchildren more often, to be living in such a beautiful place with Heavenly Father's marvelous creations right outside my door to enjoy every time I look out a window or walk outside.  I look forward to new challenges, new strength, improved health and doing a better job of inviting Christ into my life.  Essentially I want to show more gratitude and so my blog will have some form of gratitude each and every day I post.

No comments:

Post a Comment