Saturday, January 13, 2024

Pieces and Pieces

Today I am especially grateful for puzzles.  I have put together many, many puzzles.  I love them. For the many hours of working on them, it soothes my thoughts, brings comfort to my life and I just love to see them come to life.

This turtle puzzle was completed by Ambur.  I try to search for puzzles with vibrant colors and very large pieces so that she is able to be a part of working on them even with her visual impairment.  She did it and loved it.


Each puzzle has it's own story.  Can you imaging being the person who designed this puzzle.  All these Disney characters that come together in 1000 or 1500 pieces to tell their story.  This one took me a little extra time.  It wasn't so easy.


This one was a gift to me and I wasn't too excited at first--black and white, no color.  But it turned out to be quite fun to complete.




Some years ago we had a flood in our apartment and moved to a hotel with two double beds and all our belongings in our closets.  I needed a puzzle to work on for sure.  So I got this one with only 654 puzzle pieces.


It sure did take my mind off of the current problems and I was glad it came with a little 'cheat' sheet of instructions.  I couldn't figure out exactly the best way to do it for a while, and I think it took me almost two months to complete this bugger, but I got it.



It was finally finished.  It was a lot of fun to do.  I enjoyed the challenge and even today when I look at it, it brings a smile to my face.


I have many Disney puzzles.  This one is a collector's with old time disneyland.  I loved doing it.  During the flood in our apartment, it got wilted and melted but I liked it so much I couldn't discard it.  The picture isn't the greatest, but the memories and smiles are.


When I bought my house in Las Vegas, I decided I had room to tackle a 3000 piece puzzle.  I chose this beautiful ocean scene.  Can you just imagine being in the ocean and taking this picture?  Then turning it into a beautiful masterpiece puzzle?


I had to set up 3 tables to complete it.  The pieces seemed to be never ending.



We The People!  This was a very difficult puzzle.  Ambur has a bunch of historical documents to hang in her room and this was one we both fell in love with so we decided to put it together.  We used magnifying glasses to find the type of writing and/or signature and piece by piece we got it.  



When I hit a certain point on a puzzle, I arrange the pieces by the shape and just start at a point and put it together by shape.  Ambur always laughs (and maybe gets a bit frustrated) with me when I get to that point, but this puzzle needed it.  I didn't think we would ever finish.


This was one of my favorite puzzles.  It was different.  The pieces were made of plastic.  It was so beautiful.  I don't remember actually what happened to this one, but it was such fun to do.



This one was especially fun.  It was historical and not exactly easy but it was just a fun puzzle to complete.



This is the most recent puzzle that I completed.  Santa brought it to Ambur for Christmas and she loves it and ex excited to get it on her wall.  She did some of the puzzle but it was difficult for her to do.  It has been a few months since I worked on a puzzle so I was excited and finished it and it was pretty fun to do.  Matching up the words was somewhat easy and after I got to a certain point it really came together quickly.




 

There are so many things in the world to be grateful for, evidence that we have a Heavenly Father who loves us and wants happiness for us.  Puzzles might seem to be a simple thing, but for me they pull me out of gloomy moods, building them brings peace and contentment to my life and when completed they make me feel that I can do things when I try.  They are a truly positive thing in my life and I am very grateful for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment