Saturday, January 06, 2024

Plasma

 

One of the ways I have been able to maintain bills and pleasures and surprises is by 'Donating' plasma.  It isn't for everyone, but I have been doing it for nearly 10 years and I really like doing it.  I have never really understood why they say you are donating, you get paid to do it.  And I have extreme gratitude that I am able to donate because typically if you hit 60 they don't let you donate.  But so far so good for me, I keep myself well hydrated so I can pass all the tests in order to get the approval to donate.

You are first screened for Blood Pressure/pulse rate/weight and you fill out a 31 question survey about your health each time you donate.  I remember when I first started donating, I used to struggle with my iron one day it would be great and then it would be too low to donate.  I haven't had any problems with that lately.  I donate twice a week and hope that I don't get a bruise because then I can't donate until the bruise is gone and that takes a couple of weeks.  The donation is compensated starting at $40 and each time you donate, it goes up and by the end of the month you can get 540.00 which isn't bad. (I have only gotten that full amount once).  It is put right onto a credit card they give you and I have paid utility bills, dinners, lunches, surprise gifts and all else with the money so I am very grateful.  Oh and one very special point is, NO TAXES are taken out.  I totally love that.

Today I donated plasma and it really took it out of me.  I felt really wasted by the time we got home and I went straight to my bed and laid down.  When I woke up it was after 12 and I still didn't feel rested at all, weak stomach and total lack of energy.  I don't think I was totally prepared for that today and my body let me know it didn't like it at all.  But there is always tomorrow and that is what I needed because I was just so wiped out I couldn't do anything.


Another blessing in my life that I am very grateful for, there are so many things, I will never run out of a day of gratitude in 2024.

No comments:

Post a Comment