Sunday, January 14, 2024

Conference addresses for the week

This week I only managed four addresses from General conference.  I started more, but kept falling to sleep.  So here is my report.

1.  Hallmarks of Happiness by Elder Gary B. Sabin of the Seventy.  His address was about how important a foundation of Jesus Christ is to our happiness.  The importance of a strong foundation is so important.  I believe I received a good foundation of the gospel, of Jesus Christ, from my parents and I have built it even stronger as years pass and I know I have a long way to go, but I felt as I was reading his address that in my strongest moments are the times I have the most pressing challenges in my life.  I think this will also be an address I read again and again because I think each time I read it I will gain some new knowledge from it.

2.  Humber to Accept and Follow by  Elder Joni L Koch of the Seventy.  Humility.  Boy I needed to read, hear and study this one.  I also read Alma chapter 5 as was suggested and I felt strongly that there is always room for more humility in our lives.  Especially to be ready to return to the presence of God.  That is something I look forward to doing-seeing Kelly and my Mom and Dad again will be a great moment and I will continue to work to be humble enough to be worthy of it.

3.  Seeing God's Family through the Overview Lens by Sister Tamara W. Runia.  This talk was so good and so applicable to me in my life that I read it twice.  She spoke of faith and how we view ourselves and our families and that we can view life with hoy and hope.  It was so uplifting.  It will definitely be a favorite.

4.  Brothers and Sisters in Christ by Elder Ulisses Soares of the Quorum of the twelve Apostles.  I have actually read this one before.  I love it.  I just love listening to Elder Soares.  I find him to be one of the most humble of people.  He speaks to enjoying spiritual kinship and different attributes and varied gifts that we all have.  I really feel so comforted from his talk.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment