Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Shoes

Well, more snow and ice and CCCCCCCold. One might wonder why the title -- Shoes.  Well today I am grateful for shoes.  Imaging walking out in the snow without them, or with shoes that don't work for the current surroundings.



The view out my window today is white out.  It is so gloomy to me, and yet beautiful at the same time.  I would far prefer sunshine.  But we did get hit with another good 2 inches or so.


Even gimmie has shoes to wear to protect her feet from the cold and from the salt that can cause sores on her feet.  (she doesn't really like them much, but they do the job).


Ambur and I both have boots.  They will work for today, but it is likely that I will need taller ones before the winter is done.  I love the boots, but I don't like when the snow is taller than they and it runs down inside the boot.





This is the same viewpoint a few minutes later and you can not see anything at all.  It can change so much in such a short amount of time.



Aren't the icicles beautiful.  There is always something good to find even when it is gloomy outside.


 Very grateful for shoes and for the beautiful place in which I live.  I will take the cloudy/grey skies because I know the sun will be out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment