Thursday, January 11, 2024

Thankful for friends

 I have some amazing friends.  Some are new and some I have known for a very long time.  My friends are one of the reasons I am grateful for Facebook-we keep in touch on there and mostly I just read what they write, and what is going on in their lives.  I love seeing pictures of their children and grand children who have grown and changed.

One of my friends put some thoughts on Facebook that I really like and so it made me think about some things.  She wrote about Battling: Anxiety, depression, weighed down, difficult, alone, miserable.

She reminded me about Praying which is something I do regularly but always has room to improve on. We can feel peace in heart and mind when we pray and through obedience. Seek the spirit to know the savior and we will get a customized answer to our prayer.

If we are listening, our faith and the still small voice will guide us through. As I pondered her thoughts, my own thoughts take me to why I am where I am and why the fact that I don't yet have a job is not completely stressful. Because I do have peace. I get so bogged down from time to time with small things that don't really matter and I consume myself in them. I know every day can be different and happy when I hold the teachings of the Savior close to my heart and I am so thankful for her writings which gave me some really good reflections in my own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment