Thursday, January 04, 2024

Studying Gospel-Tools are Great

Every year in the church I am a member of, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, we have a specific curriculum each year.  We are encouraged to study from home and to "Invite Christ into Our Lives." We are given amazing tools to accomplish this task.  One tool is the Manual for our Sunday School lessons, "Come Follow Me".  I am so grateful for this book.  I have to admit that last year wasn't the best for me to stay up with my studies, but 2024 is a new year with new opportunities and a fresh start for me.  I am a much happier person when I include my studies as part of my daily routine.  Each year the Come Follow Me theme follows some scripture.  This year it follows the Book of Mormon.  I didn't realize it, but a friend of mine told me that the Book of Mormon study always comes in an election year.  I am not a believer of coincidence so there is a reason for that.  I love the Book of Mormon and I love reading the stories of people that have gone on before and set a path of religious freedoms.  The Come Follow Me is inclusive of every age group.  So it doesn't matter if you are 2 or 52, you will be studying the same topics throughout the year.  I just love that.  


I didn't get a picture of the Book of Mormon, but I have no doubt I will have more opportunities to put one on.  The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ.  Being raised in the church the Book of Mormon has been a part of my life since my beginning.  I have read it more than any other book I have ever read and I love it.  The answers to everyday life questions are there in this marvelous work and I realized that last year I didn't read through it even one full time.  I usually always read it at least twice so that is a little disappointing to me.  I am determined this year that I will read it through twice and I know it will take a little time to get the habits rebuilt, but I will do it and I will be much happier because of it.  As I share my thoughts of gratitude throughout this year, I know I will have many levels of gratitude for it so I will leave this entry just to say that I love the Book of Mormon and all the heroes within.  I know it to be true and maybe someone reading my blog will read it too!


One of my other tools is the Liahona Magazine, more directly the May and November editions which include all the addresses given at our semi-annual conferences.  I love hearing the words of our Church leaders and studying them.  I take that magazine and read them and make notes at how their wisdom applies in my life and just write all over it.  My sister gave me a bound book, Journal Edition of the addresses from October of 2023 (that is the most current).  I have never seen it before and I just love it.  I immediately started using it and I set my own goal to read an address each day and I have been doing very well and will continue with this marvelous little book.  I is not justice to say I am grateful for it.  It will be a tool that is used over and over and I am indeed very grateful for the words I read and the book to read them in.  No more writing all over the magazine, the Journal Edition is set up for highlighters, markers, pens and pencils.  A little bit of heaven.  


This year I have also started using a composition book to write my notes from church lessons, dates of activities, just general notes that I may need to review.


I have much gratitude for all the tools out there for me to improve and continue my studies.  I can use my phone to look at anything I need while at church or I can use these marvelous hold in the hand tools (which is my preferred method) and I can improve myself at my pace and what could be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment