Sunday, December 04, 2022

Opportunity Village



Today we went to Opportunity Village.  It is a great place that has different types of activities to assist the children/families who are down on their luck with food and other things.



One of the first things we saw after getting our tickets was the grinch.





When we decided to come to Opportunity Village, I wasn't really sure what to expect.  I didn't realize it had amusement partk rides, it is definitely a place more for kids, but I loved it anyhow.  


There are all kinds of displays and rides and the lights are just beautiful.  I took me a while to figure out the picture taking in the dark.  But I did finally get it.  You can't really see it, but we are standing in front of an old-fashioned fire truck station.  The firemen were hosting, and they sure did love Gimme.  




When we reached the rides, Ambur was the first to go.  This ride is one of those that goes forward faster and faster.  Gimme couldn't get in, so she stayed with me and I just tried to get pictures.


I decided to try out the carousel.  It was pretty high up and a bit different than what I usually do is stand by or near one of the kids I am riding with.  But it held me (thank heavens) and it was pretty fun.



Ambur also rode, but in the chair that didn't move.  Thankfully.  It would have been super hard for her to lift her broken leg over the top of the horse.  There were several things to see and take selfies in and we tried most of them out.



Then we headed for the train.  This was a cute little train and the driver was very kind and let us have the first two seats.  It was going to be hard to get Ambur and Gimme and I all in one seat.  He was super kind about it.  The train was really fun, and we saw many lights and other fun things.















After we finished on the fun little train, we got off and there was a forest of trees.  This was a very pleasant surprise.  It reminded me of the festival of trees I used to go to in St. George.  Each tree was donated by a company, and I think people can buy them.  There were many trees.  These are my favorites.


This one was submitted by a local radiology company.  It had skeletons and then name tags with workers' name.  I loved the little skeletons.









This one was super cute.  Submitted by a local cement or commercial road company and there were little bulldozers, diggers and it was just really cute.



This was the one with the most lights.  The snowflakes and ornaments were so beautiful.  The picture does not do justice for the beauty.


This one is a pac-man replica.  I loved pac-man to play and so of course I loved the tree. (If you can even really call it a tree)


This one is from the Nightmare Before Christmas.  I don't care for the movie, but it was pretty cool display.



This one is full of flags from different countries.


I didn't get the best picture of this one, it had games all around and little tags with the way to play the games on the tree.  It was pretty cool.  It had "Games from the Decades".  




After the trees we went and grabbed a bite to eat.  I had funnel cakes and Ambur had deep fried Oreos.  We were both disappointed.





We had such a lovely time.  It was just a perfect temperature-not to cold or hot- and we weren't rushed, just relaxed.  It was a super fun night.  






Before leaving we realized the grinch was actually in this 'igloo' that a person could take a picture.  Well we couldn't leave before getting that.  So for our final activity for the night, we got a picture with the grinch.


I just love all the activities and poor Ambur is such a trooper.  She will be hurting after all this walking, But she doesn't complain.  She just enjoys and we try everything.  Just so thankful she moved down here with me and that we can get along so well.  I am blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment